Eggplant, Roasted Pepper and Chicken Pitas15 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“Mmmmm!! My mouth waters just thinking of this! An Israeli Jewish lady taught this to my grandmother several years ago, and our entire family fell in love with it. It was so good, we served it for a small catered event, and it was a hit. This is for you if you enjoy Middle Eastern cuisine.” - by ~marie~
Original recipe yields 6 sandwiches
- Sprinkle sliced eggplant with salt and allow to drain in a colander for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat a grill for medium-high heat.
- Pound chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap to a thickness of 1/4-inch. Dredge with flour, shake off excess, dip into beaten egg, then press into bread crumbs to coat.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts and cook until golden brown.
- Wipe eggplant dry with a paper towel and brush with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Grill until tender and well marked. Whisk together garlic, balsamic vinegar, and extra-virgin olive oil. Slice grilled eggplant into strips and toss with roasted peppers and balsamic dressing; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To assemble, heat pita breads on the grill until hot and marked. Slice chicken into strips and place into warm pitas along with marinated eggplant.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 457 cal
- 18.2 g
- 51.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (15)Rate This Recipe
"This is such a divine dish!! One mistake- Its supposed to be red wine vinegar- not balsamic!!..." See more"
"Delicious and pretty healthy except for all the olive oil! I didn't coat the chicken in flour first and didn't miss it. Also, we ate ours woithout the pita and it was just fine. I think next time I..." See more make this, I will make double the eggplant, peppers and tomatoes and serve it as a side salad."
Chicken Caesar Pitas
Roasted Red Pepper Chicken
Just swipe to see more like this.