“Also called Mandelbrodt. Similar to Biscotti.” - by Mirelle Dean
Original recipe yields 6 dozen
- Beat eggs and 1 cup sugar together in mixer until blended, add salt and 1/4 cup oil and mix again until blended. Combine 1/4 cup flour and almonds, tossing until coated.
- Add rest of flour mixture to egg mixture alternately with the remaining 3/4 cups oil, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Stir in extracts and almonds until well blended.
- Divide into eight portions and shape each into portions of 8 x 3 inch log shaped portions on lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cut each log diagonally into 1/2 inch slices and place slices on their sides. Bake again at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about five minutes. Remove to wire racks and cool. May be sprinkled with sugar before baking.
Amount Per Serving (72 total)
- 79 cal
- 4.4 g
- 8.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"These are absolutely delicious...I followed the recipe closely with some minor modifications. The dough is sticky and they spread, so be careful when you place them on cookie sheet. I added extra al..." See moremond extract (about 1/2 t) and toasted them (after cutting) longer than the recipe indicated. The flavor and texture was unbeatable. Thanks for the wonderful recipe."
"I have made this recipe many times and it is excellent. Tastes very much like the ones my grandmother used to make...." See more"
Just swipe to see more like this.