Walnut Cheesecake Cookies3 Reviews
“This has been a favorite Christmas cookie for years -- a bit of trouble to make but well worth it. Melt in your mouth goodness.” - by Diane
Original recipe yields 2 1/2 dozen
- Cream butter, cream cheese, egg yolk, vanilla, lemon peel and salt until fluffy. Gradually mix in confectioners' sugar, then the flour to make stiff dough.
- Chill dough for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Shape dough into 30 - one inch balls.
- Beat egg white until foamy. Dip balls in egg white then roll in chopped nuts. Arrange 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet and make a depression in each with your thumb.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until cookies begin to brown on the bottoms. Carefully remove to wire rack and while hot fill each depression with 1/2 teaspoon of apricot preserves or your favorite jam.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 260 cal
- 17 g
- 24.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"These cookies are delicious. Use a processer to get fine walnut crumbs. A little messy to make but definitely worth it...." See more"
Magic Walnut Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.