Thumbprint Cookies III12 Reviews
“Like a butter cookie rolled in nuts with jam in the center. I make these every Christmas to give to relatives and friends. They all love this cookie! For even more flavorful cookies, try using almond extract instead of the vanilla.” - by DEANMONA
Original recipe yields 6 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl at low speed until mixture becomes fluffy. Separate the eggs and beat in egg yolks, vanilla and salt until blended. Add flour all at once. Beat at low speed, scraping side of bowl often, 2 minutes or until well mixed.
- Beat egg whites, slightly.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and dip each ball into egg whites. Roll in nuts. Place about 1 inch apart on greased sheets. Make a depression in center of each cookie with thumb.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until light brown. Cool on wire rack. Fill with jam. To Make Ahead: Cookies can be frozen after baking if you do not put jam in them. The cookies can also be dusted with confectioners' sugar.
Amount Per Serving (36 total)
- 227 cal
- 15.2 g
- 20.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (12)Rate This Recipe
"Made these for my daughters wedding and put colored icing in the centers - a great cookie everyone loved them...." See more"
"I loved them... and so did all of my co-workers! I get requests constantly to make them again. Can't go wrong with this recipe!..." See more"
White Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
Thumbprint Shortbread Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.