Ginger Snaps I11 Reviews
“Rolled ginger snaps.” - by Rosina
Original recipe yields 3 - 4 dozen
- Combine flour, ginger and salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Beat in the molasses. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Cover and chill for four hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 2 cookie sheets.
- On floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Using a 1-3/4 inch cutter, cut into rounds and place 1 inch apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly colored and firm to the touch. Cool cookies on wire racks.
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 227 cal
- 8.8 g
- 35.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (11)Rate This Recipe
"I don't have the patience for rolling cookies, so I turn everything into a drop cookie. Thank Rosina for this recipe!!! It's my birthday and I really wanted some good old ginger snaps but don't know..." See more where my recipe box is. I was so disappointed when all the other recipes on here had only 1/4cup of molasses!! I was worried about this recipe not having any baking soda or such, but they turned out beautifully! I did make a slight adjustment, I used only 2 tsp ginger and added 1/2 tsp nutmeg and 1/2 tsp ground cloves because I like my cookies spicy. To me, that's how good old fashioned gingersnaps are!! I also used blackstrap molasses, which is the best of the best (aka strongest) and it has 20% of your calcium per tablespoon so these cookies are good and healthy too! I did have to flatten them before cooking since I skipped the roll them out part. I just make tablespoon size balls and flattened them."
"These have now become the most requested cookie in my house. They are amazing! Not your typical ginger snaps as they are hard and crunchy but not these.....they are soft and chewy and have an amazing ..." See moreflavor. I usually make them once a week. I work with a guy that I have given them to twice and he told me that he has loved ginger snaps since he was a child and said that these...by far...are the very best that he has ever had :) These are a definite must try for those ginger snap lovers out there. Thank you for another winning recipe!!!"
Mom's Ginger Snaps
Irish Ginger Snaps
Just swipe to see more like this.