Snickerdoodles IV101 Reviews
“Cinnamon cookies.” - by Ann
Original recipe yields 4 dozen
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Mix the shortening , sugar, and eggs until creamy. Mix the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in another bowl. Blend the wet with the dry ingredients using a wooden spoon until well-blended.
- Roll the dough into the size of small walnuts.
- Prepare the cinnamon and sugar mixture by mixing the cinnamon and sugar.
- Roll the cookie dough into the cinnamon and sugar mixture until coated and place onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 6-10 minutes watching to make sure they don't burn. They should be very lightly brown and still soft looking on top. When they cool, they will crack a little on top.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 186 cal
- 9.1 g
- 24.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (101)Rate This Recipe
"When my daughter made these, she had to add a lot more flour. The amount given gave the dough a frosting-like consistency. She added more flour, about 1 1/2 cups, and the dough was perfect. :] ..." See more"
"This is the cookie my mom used to ALWAYS make at Christmas. I was surprised when I found it on here. The only thing I did differently was to add just a pinch of nutmeg. These were great. Thanks fo..." See morer the post."
"These cookies are divine! My family and friends devoured them. I think the butter and cream of tartar make the difference. In my oven, I cooked them 8 minutes. When I took them out I thought I had ..." See moreundercooked them, but they continued to cook and firm up and became a perfectly dense, chewy cookie. Two thumbs way up!"
Mrs. Sigg's Snickerdoodles
Just swipe to see more like this.