Cream Cheese Brownies III81 Reviews
“Rich, marbled brownies.” - by Rosina
Original recipe yields 16 - 20 brownies
- Melt chocolate with 3 tablespoons of the butter over very low heat. Stir constantly until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Cream remaining 2 tablespoons butter with cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar. Cream until light and fluffy. Blend into this 1 of the eggs, 1 tablespoon flour and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Set aside.
- Now beat the remaining 2 eggs until light and fluffy. Gradually beat into them 3/4 cup sugar. Continue beating until thickened. Stir in the baking powder, salt and 1/2 cup flour. Add to this the cooled chocolate mixture. Blend well. Stir in the nuts and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Spread half of the chocolate batter into an 8x8 inch greased baking pan. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the top. Then drop the remaining chocolate batter by tablespoons over the top of the cream cheese mixture. Swirl through batter layers with a spatula for a marbled effect.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool in the pan. Cut into squares or bars.
Amount Per Serving (20 total)
- 152 cal
- 9.2 g
- 16.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (81)Rate This Recipe
"This was a fantastic brownie recipe! I didn't have any German Chocolate Squares and used melted tollhouse chocolate chips instead and it turned out fine. They weren't too sweet and the cream cheese f..." See morelavor mixed with the brownie was just delectable! They disappeared in my house in one night! A keeper!!!"
"These are amazing... Totally amazing. The key is using the right pan. I tried an 8x8 glass pan and failed 3 times, they were either burned or not cooked in the center. Finally i turned to a 8x8 non..." See morestick and voilla. Perfection. Make sure to greease and flour the pan. I added a bit more cream cheese (about half of a 250 g package). Bake at 350 for 37 minutes and then turn off the oven and leave them in for 10 or 15 more minutes. This insures they are cooked through while making sure the sides don't burn. Fantastic, thanks a bunch for sharing."
"I have had alot of "flops" in my journey to be a better baker. But, after trying this recipe my confidence is renewed! These are just the best brownies ever! I only had 2 ounces of chocolate so I had ..." See moreto substitute the other 2 ounces with 6 tablespoons of baking cocoa powder and 3 tablespoons of oil, I also baked it for 5 min. less than the required time. But besides those minor changes I followed the directions exactly, and they came out great! I encourage anyone who reads this to go ahead and make it for yourself. If you love brownies and cheesecake you got to try this one! Thanks for the recipe"
Cream Cheese Cookies II
Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Brownies
Just swipe to see more like this.