Coffee Bars2 Reviews
“Cut into large or small bars.” - by Rosina
Original recipe yields 2 - 3 dozen
- Combine flour, baking powder, cardamom, and salt; set these dry ingredients aside.
- Combine milk and instant coffee in saucepan, and heat at a medium low setting. Stir until coffee dissolves, and remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter or margarine with the white sugar and 1 cup confectioners' sugar. Beat in the egg, and then beat in the coffee mixture. Gradually blend in the mixture of dry ingredients, and fold in the almonds.
- Spread dough evenly in a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Bake for 18-20 minutes at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- To Make Frosting: Put 1 cup of the confectioners' sugar in a mixing bowl. Beat in the evaporated milk and vanilla extract. Gradually beat in remaining 2 cups of confectioners' sugar. Continue beating until of desired consistency. If consistency is too thick, add a little more milk; if it is too thin, add more powdered sugar.
- Frost the bars with the icing.
Amount Per Serving (36 total)
- 126 cal
- 3.1 g
- 23.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"Very, very good!! Nice flavors and the frosting is yum! the coffee gives a texture that is devine..." See more"
"These turned out delicious! Butter is not necessary if you want. I substitued 1 tbs oil, 1/4 cup greek yogurt, and 1 tbs half and half. I also used an extra 1/4 tsp of cardamom. I ended up with too mu..." See morech liquid, so i used this to make the frosting by mixing what was left in the bowl with powdered sugar. This i drizzled on the bars as soon as they came out of the oven. delicious!!"
Iced-Spiced Ginger Bars
Just swipe to see more like this.