Fruit Cocktail Squares6 Reviews
“This is a fruity bar cookie, good for coconut and maraschino cherry fans.” - by Rosina
Original recipe yields 2 Dozen
- Drain the fruit cocktail and reserve 1/3 cup of the syrup. Add the 1 tablespoon maraschino cherry syrup to the reserved fruit cocktail syrup. Chop the drained fruit, and set it aside.
- Stir together in a bowl the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter or margarine and sugar. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture, alternating with the syrups, to the creamed mixture. Mix well. Stir in the chopped fruit, the coconut and the cherries.
- Spread dough into a greased 9 inch square pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 35 minutes. Cool. Sprinkle sifted confectioners' sugar over the top if desired. Cut into squares.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 147 cal
- 5.3 g
- 23.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
Fruit Cocktail Drop Cookies
Fruit Cocktail Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.