“Drop cookies with raisins, walnuts, and spices.” - by Rosina
Original recipe yields 6 dozen
- In a large bowl, cream together butter or margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, and beat well after each addition.
- Sift and measure flour, and reserve two tablespoons. Mix remaining flour with soda and spices; stir into the creamed mixture.
- Dredge raisins in the 2 reserved tablespoons of flour, then stir them into the batter along with the walnuts.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove and cool cookies on a wire rack.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) 8 - 10 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (36 total)
- 180 cal
- 8.9 g
- 24.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"These are excellent! I made half the recipe and mine were a little flat. It is hard to use half an egg. I also added a little bit of vanilla...." See more"
"These cookies ROCK! I am not always the biggest fan of spice-type cookies or raisins but these came out great and were very flavorful. I had to put some in the freezer so that we would not eat them ..." See moreall right away."
"I'm not sure what happened to the other posters batch of cookies for them to not come out good, but let me tell you - I have made this recipe probably 15 times, didn't change a thing, and every time m..." See morey cookies came out fantastic...they are always soft and chewy and have just the right amount of flavor, and are nice and sweet. I always make these around Christmas time and usually have to triple the recipe because they go so fast! If you're looking for a new holiday cookie recipe - THIS IS IT!"
Margaritas on the Rocks
Just swipe to see more like this.