Meringue Squares4 Reviews
“These are one of my favorites that my mother only made at Christmas time but they are delicious anytime!” - by Esther Kenagy
Original recipe yields 4 dozen
- Cream together butter or margarine and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- In another bowl, sift flour, salt, and baking powder together. Blend in to the creamed mixture, and then add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla to the dough.
- Spread dough in 9 x 13 inch greased baking pan, and sprinkle chopped nuts over top.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat egg white until stiff but not dry. Add brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla to the whipped egg white, and beat thoroughly. Spread meringue over the dough and nuts already in the pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 20 to 30 minutes. Cool, and cut into bars.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 169 cal
- 7.5 g
- 24.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"my mil use to make these all the times at the cottage. I made a few changes to be the same as hers. In the topping, 2 egg whites, instead of 1, add 1/2 c. coconut. She also didn't use any vanilla, ..." See morebut I do. Everyone raves about how good these are."
"Very tasty, and quick and easy to make. I have one problem though: sometimes the meringue on the top stays soft after baking (still being delicious)...." See more"
Passover Jam Meringue Squares
Just swipe to see more like this.