Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies49 Reviews
“A double dose of peanut butter!” - by Stephanie Watts
Original recipe yields 4 - 5 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, peanut butter, and vanilla with an electric mixer until well blended. Beat in both sugars. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Stir in half of the dry ingredients into the mixture. Add eggs one at a time, blending well after each addition. Mix in remaining ingredients. Stir in peanut butter chips.
- For each cookie, roll 1 heaping tablespoon full of dough into 1 3/4 inch diameter ball. Arrange balls 2 1/2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Using the back of fork, flatten dough balls and form a crosshatch on tops.
- Bake cookies until dry on top, about 15 minutes.
- Cool cookies on baking sheets for 5 minutes. Using a spatula, transfer cookies to cooling racks to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving (60 total)
- 150 cal
- 7.7 g
- 16.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (49)Rate This Recipe
" This recipe ROCKS!I love the old fahioned cookies and my family did too!I didn't have the pb chips so I used 3 cups of peanut butter instead and chocolate chips!!AND YUM!It produced a decent amount o..." See moref cookies and the cook time was right on as well about 15 mins per batch.All this coming from a girl who doesn't bake...lol!Well,I found a new talent and I do believe I will be making these every year from now on!Thanks for the great recipe!!!!!HAPPY HOLIDAYS!"
"Great Recipe, I increased the PB by about 1/4c (just to finish off the rest of the can). They came out heavy and rich and everyone loved them!..." See more"
Mrs. Sigg's Peanut Butter Cookies
Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.