Spicy Cuban Mojo Chicken with Mango-Avocado Salsa58 Reviews
- Prep: 40 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 3 hr 35 min
“Thanks to Mrs. Sequilla, a good friend's mom down in Little Havana, South Florida! She shared this recipe that was her grandmother's favorite. Everytime I make it someone asks for the recipe.” - by weekendchef
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Toast the cumin seeds in a dry skillet over medium-high heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Place the cumin seeds, garlic, chile pepper, salt, olive oil, orange juice, and lemon juice into the bowl of a blender; grind to a coarse paste. Toss the chicken with the marinade, then place into the refrigerator, and allow to marinate for about 2 1/2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until browned. Place into the oven, and cook until the juices run clear, about 8 minutes. When the chicken is done, remove, cover with foil, and allow to rest for 3 to 5 minutes.
- While the chicken is in the oven, whisk together the olive oil, orange juice, lime zest, honey, and soy sauce in a skillet over medium-high heat. Simmer until the orange juice has reduced to 1/3 of original volume and is beginning to get thick and syrupy. Once thick, remove from heat, and whisk in the butter pieces one at a time until melted; set aside.
- To serve, place chicken on the plate and sprinkle with mango and avocado. Drizzle with the sauce, and garnish with cilantro and parsley.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 441 cal
- 31.7 g
- 15.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (58)Rate This Recipe
"This was delicious! I marinated the chicken for a day to give it extra flavor, and instead of just using plain mango and avocado chunks, I combined them with the juice of one lime and some fresh cilan..." See moretro and parsley to make more of a "salsa." The chicken was moist and flavorful, the salsa was amazing, and the citrus sauce complimented it perfectly. I served this with some frozen corn seasoned with butter, salt, pepper, and dried thyme leaves. My fiancee called this meal "crazy tasty", which is his highest honor! I'll be making this one again soon. The only thing I'll change is that I'll probably add more red pepper to the marinade next time, as this wasn't 'spicy' at all, but other than that, I'd say it was pretty perfect."
"This is by far my favorite recipe!!! I follow the recipe to the T (which is a rarity for me) and it comes out perfect every time. Serve with black beans and plantains fried in butter for more complete..." See more cuban resteraunt experience. Now I've just got to find a bomb yucca recipe."
"This was so yummy my vegetarian sister tried a bite and ended up eating half a breast herself she thought it was so yummy. I did have trouble thickening the sauce but used five alive instead of oran..." See morege juice so this might have been the cause. Also used a green chillie instead of red. Did not find it spicy at all. Even my picky 4 year old liked it. Will make this again and again."
Spicy Basil Chicken
Orange Mango Chicken
Just swipe to see more like this.