Chocolate Almond Treats1 Reviews
“Chocolate rice crispy treats!” - by Stephanie Watts
Original recipe yields 2 dozen
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 inch, square baking pan with heavy-duty foil, folding the foil over the edges of the pan.
- Put butter in pan and melt in oven. Add brown sugar, corn syrup and vanilla; stir to mix.
- Add cereal and stir with a spoon, then mix with fingers until thoroughly coated. Place waxed paper on top and press down gently but firmly.
- Bake for 25 minutes until entire surface is bubbly. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and let stand for chips to soften.
- Spread chips, then sprinkle with almonds, pressing gently into chocolate. Let cool until just warm, then refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight before cutting.
- Using foil as a lifter, remove from pan and, without inverting (almond would peel off), peel off foil. Cut into bars. Store in refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 296 cal
- 16.4 g
- 37.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"I found the flavor of brown sugar a little to strong but my boyfriend enjoyed them. I may try this again...." See more"
Chewy Chocolate Cookies III
Chocolate Covered Almond Meringue Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.