Mocha Cheesecake Brownie Bars12 Reviews
“These treats start with a brownie crust, which gets filled with a mocha cheesecake mixture and then finished off with a sour cream topping. Be sure to bake the crust and filling a day before serving the bars!” - by Stephanie
Original recipe yields 2 dozen
- First make the brownie crust. Begin by melting butter in medium saucepan over low heat. Add 2 ounces chopped chocolate to the butter; stir until chocolate melts, and remove from heat. Whisk in 1/3 cup flour, 1/3 cup sugar, 1 large egg, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, and pinch of salt. Spread batter in thin layer on bottom of greased and floured 8 x 8 x 2 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) until tester toothpick inserted into center comes out with only moist crumbs attached, about 10 minutes. Cool.
- Next make the filling. In a small saucepan, stir cream and coffee powder over medium-high heat until coffee powder dissolves. Cool.
- Beat cream cheese and 2/3 cup sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in 1 egg and yolk. Add 1/4 cup sour cream, 1 tablespoon flour, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and the coffee mixture; beat until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips. Spoon filling evenly over brownie crust.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Bake about 35 minutes, or until filling puffs slightly around the edges and center is set. Cool completely on rack. Cover pan with foil, and chill overnight.
- Now make the topping. In a small saucepan, stir 1 cup sour cream and confectioners' sugar over low heat until sugar dissolves; do not boil. Spread topping evenly over filling. Cool slightly. Cover and chill until topping sets, at least 2 hours. Cut dessert into 24 bars. Serve cold.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 165 cal
- 11 g
- 15.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (12)Rate This Recipe
"OMG! By far the most successful dessert i have ever tried!! id give this TEN stars. i have made it several times, and its always ALWAYS a hit. ofcourse i never make the sourcream topping, instead i m..." See moreelt some chocolate and drizzle it on the squares makes it look very professional. and i use a teaspoon of coffee powder instead of tbsp. ppl find it hard to believe i didnt buy them from somewhere. im never ever letting go of this recipe!"
"The chocolate crust is good but the sour cream topping has GOT to go. It's just not a good tast to go with the rest of the bar's ingredients. I don't know if it depends of the coffee brand used but th..." See moree coffee powder did NOT dissolve in the cream. They're OK only because the chocolate saves them but I don't think I'll be keeping this recipe in my Recipe Box. Sorry :("
"We found this recipe to be wonderful! Instead of using instant coffee, we used a mocha/cappuccino instant coffee mix, and it was great! We weren't sure why you needed to heat the sour cream topping ..." See moremixture...the powdered sugar dissolved just fine. And, we also didn't refrigerate overnight...but it was still delicious! Thanks for a keeper recipe!!!"
Cheesecake Lemon Bars
Mint Chocolate Brownie Bars
Just swipe to see more like this.