Cut-Out Cookies in a Flower Pot183 Reviews
“I received this recipe at a Cake and Candy store when I signed up for a class. We made fall leaves and put them in a clay pot - they looked great! For best flavor results use pure Mexican vanilla the creme de la creme of vanillas. You will need about 6 dozen dowels, cut to approximately 6 inches (with some longer and some shorter) for cookie sticks.” - by Laura
Original recipe yields 6 dozen
- Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and flavorings and mix well. Stir flour, baking powder and salt together. Add to batter and mix well.
- Chill 3-4 hours or overnight before using.
- Roll cookies out approximately 1/4 inch thick and insert cookie sticks at least 1/3 to 1/2 way into cookie.
- Bake cookies at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 8-10 minutes. This dough keeps well in a covered container in the refrigerator for a couple of weeks.
- Decorate as desired. Display 3-7 cookies in a 6 inch clay pot (depending on size of cookie). Weigh pot down with dried beans and cut a circle of Styrofoam to fit snugly into top. Add ribbons and enjoy.
Amount Per Serving (72 total)
- 126 cal
- 5.5 g
- 17.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (183)Rate This Recipe
"The BEST sugar cookie recipe I have ever tried. I have a suggestion however...mix your baking powder and salt with only 3 cups of the flour and add that first, then gradually add more flour until you ..." See morehave a proper dough consistency. I only needed 5 cups flour in total - not 7. The flavour of these cookies is outstanding! The dough rolls out nicely and it is so easy to cut out shapes and transfer to the cookie sheet. They have a wonderful texture once baked and cooled, and hold up beautifully while decorating. My intention was to cut out "ghost" shapes for Halloween, and then stick the sticks in some sort of foam graveyard I made, but I couldn't find proper cookie sticks in the time crunch I was in. I just cut out ghost and bat shapes and decorated with frosting and coloured sugars. Can't wait for Christmas now! LOVE this recipe! Thanks so much for sharing it!"
"I was a bit worried about these cookies on a stick. They felt so heavy and hard. After I had them frosted I counted how many I needed and I had a few extra so, I tasted one...they were very good ( I ..." See moreate the whole thing). The cookie itself is not sweet at all but, it is very tender. The frosting or icing makes them sweet. We will make these again. thanks for the idea!"
"This recipe really stood the kid test. When I decided to make cookies on a stick for children to decorate at a Spring party, I was afraid that the cookies might fall apart as the children decorated th..." See moreem. This recipe was sturdy enough to resist breakage from the toughest little hands. The cookies were not too hard either. They had a great taste."
Busia's Cutout Cookies
Best Ever Chocolate Cutout Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.