Apple Butter Beauties5 Reviews
“Great with homemade apple butter, but store-bought is extremely good too!” - by Kevin Ryan
Original recipe yields 2 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream the butter with the yolk and vanilla.
- Place the sugar and the pecans in a food processor and grind to a fine texture. Add the wheat germ, flour, and the salt and process again just to mix. Add the pecan mixture to the butter mixture.
- Roll this dough into balls a little more than 1 inch in diameter. Place on ungreased sheets about 2 inches apart. Using your thumb, make a dent in the top of each ball.
- Bake until a little brown , 15-20 minutes. When they come from the oven, use a spoon or another tool to open the dent you made ( it tends to close during baking). Let rest on the sheet for about 4 minutes and then remove to a rack. Cool completely. Spoon the apple butter into the indents and serve.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 237 cal
- 15.2 g
- 23.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"The recipe mentions topping the cookie with the apple butter after baking. They sounded wonderful, but I thought they would be more well received (in my family) if I mixed the apple butter in and the..." See moren baked them. They were EXCELLENT! I should have made more - my husband raved and raved about them. He can't wait until I make them again. Great with a cup of coffee! Thanks Kevin!"
"Really enjoyed these, but must 'fess up, I did make some adjustments: (like some other reviews suggested) I added the apple butter before baking, I used walnuts (ground half of the amount and left the..." See more remaining amount finely chopped - I am a texture freak), didn't have wheat germ so I used whole wheat flour and milled flax seed and lastly, I used the entire egg. The result a moist cake like cookie that reminded us of pecan sandies - will definitely make again - thank you Kevin."
Apple Butter Spice Cake
Apple Butter Bars
Just swipe to see more like this.