Death By Caramel Cookies8 Reviews
“Based on an old South American spoon treat.” - by Kevin Ryan
Original recipe yields 20 cookies
- To Make Filling: Pour the condensed milk into a heavy saucepan. Cook over medium heat until hot. Stirring constantly, lower the heat to low and continue to cook the milk takes on a golden color, about 20-25 minutes. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Transfer to a bowl and cover directly with plastic wrap. Set aside and let cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine the flour, 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, and the salt in a bowl. Cut in the shortening and the butter until crumbly. Beat in the yolk and the cream. Mix to form a dough, adding more cream if necessary.
- Roll dough on a floured counter to 1/8 inch thick. Cut into 2-1/2 inch rounds and place on ungreased sheets. Prick the top of the rounds a few times with a fork.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are light brown. Cool on sheet 1 minute and remove to rack. Spread the filling on one half and sandwich with another round. Dust cookies with confectioners' sugar.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 526 cal
- 32.4 g
- 52.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (8)Rate This Recipe
"OH BOY, IF THIS IS DEATH BY CARAMEL, WHAT A WAY TO GO! THIS WAS GREAT! THANKS! :-))))..." See more"
"The cookie were pretty bland. And the caramel was hard to work with. I could not spread it, so I had to heat it up again so I could spread it on the cookies. I made these for Halloween so I cut the..." See more cookies with a bat cookie cutter and then sprinkled the top of every other cookie with black sugar before baking them. Then I also added red food coloring to the caramel. They looked great when they were all done."
"They take some work, but they are good, if you know what you're biting into! It is a special sort of treat. Reason for the 4 stars: The cookies were very crumbly once baked, and I made about twice a..." See mores many as the recipe says - any larger and they would have been hard to handle."
Caramel Nougat Bar Peanut Butter Cookies
Chewy Caramel Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.