Cinnamon Butter Cookies10 Reviews
“This is my favorite cookie recipe. If you want to add frosting, I wrote a recipe for that too.” - by Guinevere Barr
Original recipe yields 3 dozen
- Cream together 1 cup butter and white sugar. Beat in the egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Combine together the sifted flour, salt and ground cinnamon and stir into butter mixture.
- Cover and chill dough for 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly flour a rolling pin. Roll out dough on lightly floured wax paper and cut with cookie cutter. As dough warms it becomes unworkable. Return to refrigerator as needed. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet 15-20 minutes until lightly browned.
- To Make Icing: Sift confectioners' sugar into mixing bowl. Add vanilla, salt, and butter. Add milk one tablespoon at a time while beating until spreadable consistency. Continue beating on medium for 10 minutes. Ice cookies.
Amount Per Serving (36 total)
- 159 cal
- 7.9 g
- 21 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"I wasn't impressed. The cookies were kind of hard after baking. I don't mean crisp either. I won't make again...." See more"
"People cry of happiness when I make these cookies. Add a little bit more sugar and cut the frosting ingredients in half and you will have delicious cinnamon shortbread cookies...." See more"
Cinnamon Sugar Butter Cookies II
Butter Cookies I
Just swipe to see more like this.