Risotto with Chicken and Asparagus56 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“A delicious, authentic-tasting Italian risotto with chicken and asparagus. Perfect with a glass of Italian wine!” - by katie
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Bring chicken stock to a boil in a small saucepan, then keep warm over low heat.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in the garlic and cook 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the cubed chicken, and continue cooking until firm and lightly browned; set aside.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil in the saucepan and cook onions until they soften and turn translucent, about 1 minute. Stir in the rice, and continue cooking until the rice turns opaque, and the onion begins to brown.
- Stir in the wine and asparagus; cook, stirring constantly, until the wine evaporates. Reduce heat to medium, and stir in 1/3 of the hot chicken stock. Cook, stirring constantly, until all of the liquid has been absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in another 1/3 of the chicken stock and continue cooking and stirring until absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes. Season the risotto with oregano and basil. Pour in the remaining stock, and stir until absorbed again, 8 to 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then stir in the Parmesan cheese and chicken cubes.
Amount Per Serving (2 total)
- 877 cal
- 22.5 g
- 104.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (56)Rate This Recipe
"This ended up tasting pretty good with very few modifications. I made a double recipe. It was still a bit too "al dente" for my taste when I was done adding the broth. So I added another 3/4 cup water..." See more, cooked about 10 more minutes, and it worked out just fine. After tasting the recipe, I'm thinking of trying it with shrimp the next time."
"This recipe turned out very well with some minor alterations: 1) I used slightly more liquid than specified in the recipe, I believe about another half-cup of water to get the rice tender. 2) I did ..." See morenot add the asparagus until about 7 minutes before I pulled the risotto off of the heat. The asparagus had time to cook adequately without going limp, adding a nice counterpoint to the soft texture of the risotto. 3) This is not a recipe for 2 servings. This recipe had no problem feeding 3 people for dinner and two more for lunch the next day."
"I've never made risotto before & I'm not a big fan of recipes that require me to stand and stir for a long time; however, this was VERY tasty and worth the effort. I enlisted the help of my teenagers..." See more with the stirring... I used 3 chicken breasts, 1 regular onion, and 2 cans (about 4 cups) of chicken stock. Other than that, I followed the recipe exactly. It easily fed 5 people with no leftovers and we will be making it again."
Chicken Asparagus Roll-Ups
Asparagus, Chicken and Penne Pasta
Just swipe to see more like this.