Cappuccino Flats17 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 12 min
- Ready In: 6 hr 50 min
“A sliced cookie that has a nice chocolate, cinnamon and coffee taste.” - by Michele Prenovost
Original recipe yields 55 cookies
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together 1/2 cup shortening, butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in coffee mixture, melted chocolate, and egg. Stir in the flour mixture. Cover, and chill for 1 hour, or until dough is no longer sticky. Shape dough into two rolls, 7 inches long. Wrap, and chill for at least 6 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Cut rolls into 1/4 inch thick slices. Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in preheated oven. Remove from baking sheets to cool on wire racks.
- In a small heavy saucepan over low heat, melt semisweet chocolate chips and 3 tablespoons shortening, stirring occasionally until smooth. Remove from heat. Dip half of each cookie into chocolate mixture. Place on waxed paper until the chocolate is set.
Amount Per Serving (55 total)
- 97 cal
- 6.3 g
- 10.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (17)Rate This Recipe
"I made 31 (!) dozen of these cookies for Christmas Cookie exchanges. They have a wonderful, unusual taste and are so easy to make. Instead of dipping the cookie in chocolate, I drizzled on melted wh..." See moreite chocolate--the contrast between the dark cookie and the light chocolate was lovely."
"I think I'd cut down on the shortening in the chocolate mixture - it didn't seem to harden quite enough for easy storage - and I upped both the coffee and cinnamon because the dough seemed a bit bland..." See more. They turned out reasonabley tasty in the end, but not phenomenal."
Just swipe to see more like this.