Anise Cookies II1 Reviews
“These are really good! It's my mom's recipe, originally from Europe! Enjoy!” - by Ingrid
Original recipe yields 5 dozen
- Beat egg whites with water until stiff.
- In a large bowl, beat egg yolks with sugar, salt, and vanilla until creamy. Fold egg whites into yolks using a wire whisk. Sift flour and anise into the bowl, and gently stir together with the whisk. Mix will look lumpy.
- Put dough into decorating bag with round large tip, and press 1 inch rounds onto sheet. Let cookies sit out overnight at room temperature to dry.
- The next day, cover cookies with a sheet of parchment paper, and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 to 25 minutes. Cookies are done when bottom is light brown, but tops are still almost white. Cool.
- Store in container for 2 to 3 weeks in a cool place to mellow and to turn soft. You can add a slice of bread or a piece of apple to help soften the cookies.
Amount Per Serving (30 total)
- 80 cal
- 0.8 g
- 16.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"These were easy to make. I left them out for 8 hours, then baked. They tasted good at that point. Now to wait for 3 weeks to see the softness emerge!..." See more"
Mary Mazzie's Anise Cookies
Easy Anise Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.