Pfeffernusse Cookies II2 Reviews
“A pfeffernusse cookie that can be cut into round shapes. Great at Christmas.” - by JJOHN32
Original recipe yields 4 - 5 dozen
- Combine flour, baking powder, spices and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar and eggs until thick and light-colored. Beat in the lemon juice. Beat in the lemon zest. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Stir in the hazelnuts. Cover and chill for 4 hours.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough to a thickness of 1/2 inch. Using a 1 1/2 inch round cookie cutter, cut out cookies and place 1 inch apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Cover the baking sheets with clean towels and leave undisturbed for 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Turn the cookies over and place a drop of brandy in the center of each cookie. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly colored. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
Amount Per Serving (60 total)
- 43 cal
- 0.7 g
- 8.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"Lebkuchen traditionally contains molasses and has a gingerbread like flavor and appearance. Sans hazelnuts, this is very close to the traditional recipe my German Grandmother made...." See more"
Michelle's Soft Sugar Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.