Saffron Scented Cauliflower Pasta4 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“Scandinavian flavors of saffron and golden raisins flavor this cauliflower and small pasta dish. Crispy, toasted bread crumbs lend a light crunch for contrast.” - by Jill Ottignon
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Stir the saffron threads into the boiling water, and cover. Set aside to steep for several minutes while proceeding with the recipe.
- Toss the bread crumbs together with the melted butter, and lay out evenly on a cookie sheet. Bake in the preheated oven until golden and crispy, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion, and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the chopped cauliflower and saffron water; season to taste with salt and pepper. Increase heat to medium-high and simmer, uncovered, until the cauliflower has softened, about 10 minutes. Stir in the raisins, pine nuts, and cooked ziti. Pour into a serving dish and sprinkle with browned bread crumbs.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 484 cal
- 13.6 g
- 78.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"tried this recipe because i am the daring type and it was unrated and sounded like the perfect pasta dish i was looking for to cook for a girl i was pursueing,her being a pasta fanatic.It did in fact ..." See moreturn out wonderfully and went perfectly with my boneless orange chicken breast recipe. obviously this meal was inteded for a much bigger group than 2,but leftovers the next evening were still great as freshly made.dont change a thing and enjoy this great pasta recipe."
Amy Rose's Roasted Cauliflower Soup
Purple Cauliflower Pasta
Just swipe to see more like this.