Coconut Flan25 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 4 hr 30 min
“My grandmother used to make this recipe in Ecuador, it's been in the family for many years. I'm the only one who continues to make this recipe in my family. It's the easiest dessert that you can make. I love it and I hope you will too.” - by Viveca DelGiorno
Original recipe yields 1 large flan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the sugar in a nonstick skillet, and slowly melt over low heat without stirring. Shake the pan by it's handle to mix, but do not stir with a spoon. When the sugar has melted, pour into a 3 quart glass baking dish, coating the bottom.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with an electric mixer until smooth. Pour in the condensed milk, evaporated milk, coconut milk, whole milk, and vanilla; mix until well blended, about 2 minutes. Pour the egg mixture over the sugar in the pan. Place the pan inside of a larger dish and set in the oven. Fill the outer pan with water to 1 inch deep.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove the flan from the water bath, and refrigerate until cold, 4 hours to overnight.
- To serve, run a knife around the edges of the dish to loosen the flan, then invert onto a serving dish.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 333 cal
- 15.9 g
- 40.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (25)Rate This Recipe
"I made this recipe twice, the first time as written and I could barley taste the coconut. So the next time I made it I used 2 1/2 tsp. coconut extract & 1/2 tsp. of vanilla and it was much better - t..." See morehe coconut taste is perfect. I made it for a party of 20 and everyone said it was PERFECT. It takes 1 hr. & 20 minutes to cook if you use 1 large dish. Easy to make and definately a keeper!"
The Messy Cook
"suggestion: I made another flan recipe and added cream of coconut (sweeter and creamier than coconut milk)+ low fat sweetened condensed milk + 2 eggs + 4 egg whites + 2tsps vanilla extract..." See more"
Flan Mexicano (Mexican Flan)
Baked Cream of Coconut
Just swipe to see more like this.