Grilled Chicken Salad Cosmopolitan5 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 35 min
“This whimsical and delicious chicken salad was inspired by the famous Cosmopolitan cocktail. The cranberry-citrus mixture is used in two ways - one portion to marinate the chicken and the remainder as a salad dressing. The crisp and clean flavor combinations create a light and healthy yet totally satisfying salad that enhances the chicken. An indoor grill pan may be used to cook the chicken, if preferred.” - by Janice
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the cranberry sauce and orange marmalade. Warm and stir until melted and well blended. Remove from the heat and stir in the lime juice, orange juice and vegetable oil. Remove 1/2 cup of the mixture and set aside in the refrigerator for later.
- Allow the mixture to cool then stir in the lemon vodka and transfer to a large resealable bag. Season the chicken pieces with salt and lemon pepper; place them into the bag with the marinade. Seal the bag and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Preheat a grill for medium heat. Remove the chicken from the plastic bag, discarding the marinade.
- Place the chicken pieces on the preheated grill and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until firm and no longer pink in the center. If you have a meat thermometer, it should measure 160 degrees F (70 degrees C) when measured in the thickest part. Remove chicken to a cutting board and allow to rest for about 5 minutes.
- While the chicken is resting, combine the salad greens, cranberries, and orange segments. Pour the reserved citrus marinade over the salad and toss lightly to coat. Divide the salad between four serving plates. Slice each piece of chicken crosswise into 1/2 inch strips. Arrange over the tops of the salads and sprinkle with orange zest strips.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 439 cal
- 15.5 g
- 48.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"Excellent. Wonderful fresh, light flavor. I was not cooking in my own kitchen so made some subs. Some of which I would have made at home, others out of necessity. Bottled lime juice for fresh; oli..." See moreve oil for veg; a splash of lemon juice and a splash of white wine for lemon-flavored vodka; garlic pepper for lemon pepper; chopped iceberg lettuce for bagged Euro blend; no orange zest (no zester); added one-half cup chopped pecans. When I make this again, I will use fresh lime juice and the orange zest. HOWEVER...pull out soap box here...if I'm going to all the trouble to use fresh lime juice, fresh oranges, fresh orange zest, I'm not going to risk all that freshness on bagged salad greens. I don't know about other cooks, but I've found them unreliable. Sometimes OK, other times taste like the inside of a stale, empty, unused refrigerator smells. Yeah, I know, canned cranberries and orange marmalade from a jar ain't exactly fresh squeezed!! Bottom line is that we really like this salad!! "
"I replaced the vegetable oil with olive oil and omitted the salt on the chicken since lemon pepper has a substantial amount of salt already. Other than those minor adjustments I followed things as the..." See morey appeared. The dressing was a bit too sugary/syrupy for my taste but the dish was enjoyable nonetheless."
Grilled Chicken Salad with Seasonal Fruit
Grilled Orange Vinaigrette Chicken Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.