Maple Walnut Bars8 Reviews
“This is a maple flavored bar with a delicious cream cheese icing.” - by Debbie Rowe
Original recipe yields 12 - 16 bars
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease an 8 x 8 inch pan.
- In a medium bowl combine flour and baking soda. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, blend brown sugar and 1/2 cup margarine to form a grainy paste. Scrape down sides of bowl, then add 1 cup syrup, egg and vanilla. Beat at medium speed until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture and walnuts and blend at low speed just until combined. Pour batter into baking pan and smooth top with a spatula. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pan.
- To Make Maple Frosting: In a medium bowl, cream 1/2 cup margarine and cream cheese with an electric mixer at high speed. Add 1 tablespoon brown sugar and 3 tablespoons maple syrup, and beat until smooth. Slowly add confectioners sugar and reduce mixer speed to low. Once sugar is added mix until smooth. If frosting appears thin gradually add confectioners sugar until frosting thickens. Spread frosting on top of bars in pan and cut into squares.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 311 cal
- 16.5 g
- 38.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (8)Rate This Recipe
"Excellent recipe. It baked well in a 9x13 pan. I altered the frosting a bit. 3 oz cream cheese, 2 Tbsp butter, 1 Tbsp maple syrup and 1 cup powdered sugar. I sprinkled walnut pieces on top of fros..." See moreting for a nice finish."
"My Husband and family really liked the Maple Walnut Bars. I altered it slightly by adding butter instead of margarine and a little more Maple syrup to the frosting until it reached the strength I lik..." See moreed. I also spread it thin to make bars instead of more cake like. Thank you Debbie Rowe for sharing this recipe. Connie"
Cherry Walnut Bars
Maple Walnut Muffins
Just swipe to see more like this.