Pumpkin Bars II36 Reviews
“This makes a great dessert to bring to a potluck. I've brought it to several and there never is any leftovers.” - by Amy Posont
Original recipe yields 2 dozen
- In a medium bowl combine the pumpkin, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and sugar.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Using an electric mixer, slowly add the oil, eggs and pumpkin mixture to the flour mixture.
- Mix and pour into greased 17 x 11 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 - 25 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.
- To make Frosting: Cream the cream cheese, 9 tablespoons butter, vanilla together. Slowly add the confectioners' sugar and milk.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 637 cal
- 32.7 g
- 83.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (36)Rate This Recipe
"this recipe is similar to one I got out of a better homes and garden cook book except the seasoning. there should only be 2 tsp of baking soda and powder. Not tbsp. I also cheated and used a can of..." See more cream cheese frosting and It was great. The spices really added something to this receipe."
"I love these bars. I decided to use 1 c. white sugar and 1 c. brown sugar instead of the 2 c. white sugar in the recipe. It turned out great. I like the depth of flavor the brown sugar added to it...." See more Thank you Amy."
"This recipe is tasty, and my 5 year old liked to help with the mixing. But it has a slightly chemical-like taste. I think it is from the large amounts of baking powder and baking soda the recipe cal..." See morels for. I am going to try to use less next time and see how they turn out. Also, the bars are really very much more like cake. They were hard to pick up and eat with your hands when cut in squares. The frosting is really yummy too, but needed more milk. Overall, I would make them again with a few adjustments. Everyone in my family liked them."
Paul's Pumpkin Bars
Wild Rice Pumpkin Yum Bars
Just swipe to see more like this.