Feta and Slow-Roasted Tomato Salad with French Green Beans19 Reviews
- Prep: 17 min
- Cook: 2 hr 3 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 20 min
“A lovely fresh salad to accompany hot lamb dishes or simply to serve as salad with a BBQ.” - by Andypoc
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat an oven to 225 degrees F (110 degrees C).
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half, and arrange them, cut sides up, on a baking sheet. Sprinkle them with salt, pepper, and the bay leaf; drizzle with 1/4 cup olive oil.
- Bake the tomatoes until they are shriveled and dry on the outside, but a little moist inside, about 2 hours.
- Toast the pine nuts in a small pan over medium-low heat, gently shaking the pan as they toast, until beginning brown and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes; set aside.
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil; cook the green beans in the boiling water until bright green but still crisp, about 3 minutes. Drain and rinse immediately with cold water.
- Combine the roasted tomatoes, toasted pine nuts, green beans, arugula, and basil in a salad bowl. Whisk together the red wine vinegar, mustard, garlic, honey, and 1/4 cup olive oil in a bowl, and pour the dressing over the salad. Stir in the crumbled feta cheese just before serving.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 448 cal
- 40.9 g
- 11.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (19)Rate This Recipe
"I really enjoyed this. I've never loved arugula, but bought it on a whim at the farmer's market. I really liked it in this salad. I didn't have french green beans, so used regular. I tried to foll..." See moreow the recipe as close as possible, though, since no one else had reviewed it. I'd never roasted tomatoes - yum! This recipe was outside of the box for me, and I loved it!"
"This salad is fantastic. I made it for our supper club last night and apparently I should have made more because there wasn't an ounce left over! I had to put roasted sunflower seeds instead of pine..." See more nuts because I couldn't find them anywhere. The dressing is delicious and all the flavors together are divine!"
Black Bean, Corn, and Tomato Salad with Feta Cheese
Green Bean and Feta Salad from ATHENOS
Just swipe to see more like this.