Caramel Brownies I16 Reviews
“This recipe is a family favorite, I hope you will like them as much as we do. Enjoy!” - by Sue
Original recipe yields 1 -8x10 inch pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 8x10 inch baking pan.
- Combine cake mix, 1/2 of the evaporated milk, the butter or margarine and the chopped nuts. Mix until combined and spread 1/2 of the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 6 minutes.
- Melt the caramels and the remaining evaporated milk.
- Remove brownies from oven. Sprinkle chocolate chips over the brownies then pour the melted caramel mixture over the top. Spread the remaining batter over the top of the caramel. Return pan to oven and bake for an additional 18 minutes. Let brownies cool before serving.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 544 cal
- 28.2 g
- 71.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (16)Rate This Recipe
"GR8!! I DID LEAVE OUT THE NUTS AS MY GRANDSON IS ALLERGIC AND INSTEAD OF MELTING THE CARAMELS, SINCE WAS MAKING IN BITE SIZE I JUST UNWRAPPED AND DROPPED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FILLED CUPS THEN BAKED TH..." See moreE MINI MUFFIN SIZE 15 MIN. DON'T PUSH DOWN JUST PLACE ON TOP AND THE BROWNIES WILL DO THE REST!! IF U PUSH THEM THEY WILL LEAK THRU TO THE PAPER IF U DON'T THE CANDY IS JUST ENCAPSULATED AND MAKES FOR A NEAT, TASTY BITE SIZE SNACK!!"
"I'm not sure about several things with this recipe. First is the unusual pan size of 8x10. I used the more common 8x11. I assumed that the butter was to be melted since the recipe doesn't say. German ..." See morechocolate cake mix isn't as chocolaty so next time I would use chocolate. That brings me to my next point. Why use cake mix at all? Seems like this idea would look with brownie mix. I'll try that next time making it according the box directions, using 1/2 the mixture baked for a short time and then following the remainder of this recipe for the caramel and chocolate chip layer. While these brownies tasted yummy I had to bake the first layer 8 minutes then add "20" more minutes on top of the 18. The edges were obviously more done than the middle but they weren't burnt and were slightly chewy for those who prefer that over gooey. There is nothing wrong with this recipe I just think it can be improved upon."
Chocolate Caramel Brownies
Caramel Turtle Brownies
Just swipe to see more like this.