Chocolate Pinwheels21 Reviews
“These cookies are great! I like to freeze mine till I'm ready to bake, just thaw for 5 minutes before slicing.” - by Karen E.
Original recipe yields 4 -6 dozen
- Cream the butter or margarine with the sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg.
- Melt chocolate chips over a double boiler or in a bowl in a microwave oven. Stir until smooth. Let cool. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together. Add flour mixture to the creamed mixture and stir well. Divide dough in half. To one half add the melted chocolate and stir until well combined.
- To Make Pinwheels: On waxed paper roll out each half of the dough into 12x10 inch rectangle. Brush one layer with milk and place the other layer on top. Peel off waxed paper and roll up like a jelly roll. Chill dough thoroughly.
- To Make Half and Half: Make two rolls, 2 inches thick. One plain and one chocolate. Wrap in waxed paper and chill. Cut each roll in half lengthwise. Brush cut edges with milk. Press plain and chocolate halves together to make rolls. Wrap in waxed paper and chill again.
- Slice cookies thinly and bake in a preheated 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) oven for 8 to 10 minutes
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 101 cal
- 4.5 g
- 14 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (21)Rate This Recipe
"These are pretty good. I make them following the recipe during most of the year. But at Christmastime I leave out the cocoa and tint 1/2 red and the other 1/2 green. Then I brush them with milk and sp..." See morerinkle with colored sugar. Very pretty."
"These cookies have a very good flavor and are not too sweet. The dough is pretty easy to work with as well. I have been looking for a chocolate pinwheel cookie recipe that calls for cocoa instead of c..." See morehocolate chips or baking chocolate, both of which are expensive and difficult to find where I live. Since I couldn't find one I adapted this recipe and it turned out great! I mixed the wet ingredients and then divided the mixture in half and added half the dry ingredients less two tablespoons of flour along with 2 tablespoons cocoa to one half of the wet ingredients and the rest of the dry ingredients to the other half of the wet ingredients. I will definately make these again."
Jeanne's Chocolate Kiss Cookies
Chocolate Cut Out Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.