Two Tone Brownies4 Reviews
“A white and dark chocolate combo to suit everyone's tastes.” - by Penny
Original recipe yields 20 brownies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly brush an 8 inch square tin with melted butter or oil. Line the base with baking paper, extending over two sides.
- Stir 1/4 cup butter or margarine and dark chocolate in the top of a double boiler until just melted. Using a wooden spoon, beat 1/2 cup sugar, vanilla extract, and 1 egg in a medium bowl until combined. Stir in the melted chocolate mixture. Add 1/2 cup flour, stirring until just combined; don't over beat.
- Stir 1/4 cup butter or margarine and white chocolate in the top of a double boiler until just melted. Using a wooden spoon, beat 1 /2 cup sugar, vanilla extract and 1 egg in a second bowl until combined. Stir in the white chocolate mixture. Add 1/2 cup flour, stirring until just combined; don't over beat.
- Drop large spoonfuls of the mixtures alternately and evenly, next to one another, in a single layer, in the tin. Gently smooth the surface, without combining the mixtures.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until firm. Allow to cool in the tin before cutting into small squares.
Amount Per Serving (20 total)
- 159 cal
- 8.2 g
- 19.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"I thought these came out pretty good. i had a ton of left over chocolate that I needed to use,this was a great recipe to use it on. I used milk chocolate and white chocolate. People have commente..." See mored on the layers not coming out right, this is what I did. I put the chocolate mixtures in 2 separate measuring cups. I poured milk then white, next to each other. 4 across and 4 down. I took a toothpick and swirled together. They came out swirly, and very yummy! VERY gooey, just the way I love em!"
"not a great presentation and the white chocolate can be tricky to melt right...." See more"
"These brownies are very ooey gooey and very tasty. When I made them I made the mistake of swirling the two mixtures together and after they baked they came out all one colour in most parts, but it wa..." See mores impossible to make only one layer like the recipe says. They don't actually look that tasty when they come out of the oven, and they're hard to cut because they're so gooey, but that's what makes them so good!"
Chewy Cocoa Brownies
One Bowl Brownies
Just swipe to see more like this.