- Prep: 40 min
- Cook: 6 min
- Ready In: 46 min
“Spicy German cookies.” - by Diana
Original recipe yields 9 -10 dozen
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease your baking sheets.
- Cream the butter, sugar, 2 eggs, egg yolk and lemon juice together until fluffy.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and stir in the chopped nuts.
- On a lightly floured cloth-covered board roll the dough, 1/3 at a time, to 1/16 inch thick. Cut with a 1 inch star shaped cookie cutter. Place cookies on the prepared baking sheets. Brush the tops of the cookies with the remaining egg white, beaten until frothy.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Variations: Food coloring may be added to the egg white used to brush the tops of the cookies. Two cookies may be put together to form snowflakes with dabs of confectioners' sugar icing made with 1 cup confectioners' sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons cream.
Amount Per Serving (120 total)
- 26 cal
- 0.8 g
- 4.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (11)Rate This Recipe
"We made these for christmas last year. They roll out so easy my 2 year old play-doh expert even got to help. We know make them for all the holidays. They are eaten as fast as we make them. Thanks ..." See moreso much for sharing this recipe."
"I have made these two years in a row! I love them! Kids love them, many varieties can be done once they are out of the oven!..." See more"
German Spice Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.