Dream Squares4 Reviews
“A dream of a bar cookie. Sweet with glacé cherries, coconut and chocolate chips. Bite into a square and dream away.” - by Joanna
Original recipe yields 16 -2x2 inch squares
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream together the butter or margarine with 1/2 cup of the brown sugar. Stir in the vanilla and the flour. Press this mixture into the bottom of one ungreased 8x8 inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10 minutes.
- To Make Topping: Beat the eggs and add 1 cup of the brown sugar. Stir in the 1 tablespoon all purpose flour, the baking powder, pinch salt, chopped walnuts, glace; cherries, coconut and chocolate chips. Spread mixture over the baked pastry.
- Return to the oven and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for an additional 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool then cut into squares.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 291 cal
- 15 g
- 38.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"My Aunt made a version of Dream Squares when I was a kid and I loved them. This recipe is pretty darn close. I made one small change. I increased the cherries to 1 cup and reduced the choc chips to..." See more 1/2 cup. I love cherries. Keep a close eye when pre-baking the crust. I sometimes cook it a few extra minutes if it looks too soft. It shouldn't be brown, just not look completely raw. I have made this many times trying other fruit/nut/choc combinations. It is great with white choc. I made a version with chopped apricot, white choc and pecans it was very delicious, but I did add a Tablespoon of white corn syrup as the topping looked a little dry. A great recipe to play with. My next try is with candied pineapple. I haven't decided which chips to use. Probably white but I think butterscotch might be nice as well."
Dream Bars II
Yum Yum Squares
Just swipe to see more like this.