Spur Sugar Cookies12 Reviews
“This was my great-great grandmother's recipe. We make it every year and ice the cookies, rather than sugaring them!” - by Kathy
Original recipe yields 3 to 5 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream the sugar with the shortening. Stir in the egg, salt and lemon flavoring.
- Combine the milk and the evaporated milk. Dissolve the baking soda in the milks. Add this mixture to the creamed mixture and combine well. Stir in enough of the flour to make a stiff dough.
- You can either roll out the dough and cut with cookie cutters or roll the dough into balls and press flat with the bottom of a glass. If desired sprinkle the cookies with sugar before baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees CO for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are soft and lightly browned around the edges. Be careful not to overbake!
Amount Per Serving (60 total)
- 103 cal
- 3.8 g
- 15.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (12)Rate This Recipe
"An excellent cookie [chilling the dough does allow for an even "shorter" cookie. Thanks for a great recipe Note; If you are using smaller or complex cookie cutters this c..." See moreookie will not lose the shape!"
Great Gram's Sugar Cookies
Mrs. Fields Sugar Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.