Tiny Tarts52 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 2 hr
“Yummy miniature pecan tarts. Wonderful on holiday cookie trays.” - by M. R. Hayes
Original recipe yields 2 dozen
- Preheat the oven toe 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Beat softened margarine or butter and cream cheese until thoroughly combined. Stir in flour.
- Using 24 ungreased 1 3/4 inch mini muffin cups, press a rounded teaspoon of pastry evenly into the bottom and up the sides of each cup.
- To Make The Filling: Beat the egg and mix in the brown sugar, melted margarine or butter and the chopped pecans.
- Fill each pastry-lined muffin cup with about 1 heaping teaspoon of pecan filling. Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for about 30 minutes or until pastry is golden and filling is puffed. Cool slightly in the muffin cups, then remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 228 cal
- 14.8 g
- 22.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (52)Rate This Recipe
"These are divine! Bake in non-stick mini muffin tins and they come out easily. I put little balls of dough in each muffin cup and then use a wooden Pampered Chef tart shaper to form the tart shell. ..." See more I also add 1 tbsp. of corn syrup to the filling to keep the sugar from crystallizing when tarts are baked. Have been making these to rave reviews for years."
"I once saw a mini muffin pan which included a wooden tool (like a pestle) to make these kind of tarts. Since I didn't have the tool, I used an empty 35mm film container to press a small ball of dough ..." See moreinto the muffin cup. As you push, it forces the dough up the sides of the cup and you just have to finish it a little in the sides with your fingers. It is so much more simple this way. If your cups flare more, experiment with other small bottles/containers...(cover the item with plastic wrap, in case the item isn't food-safe). Pressing all those cups with your fingers is WAY too tedious for me! I hope this helps because these cookies are too good to skip due to all the work."
Just swipe to see more like this.