Mrs. Ronzo's Lemon Balls26 Reviews
“This is a favorite cake like lemon cookie of mine given to my mother when I was only 6 yrs. old, from a wonderful lady who lived down the street from us. We have always called them 'her' Lemon Balls... she is passed on now, but this recipe is made by my mother and I every Christmas!” - by Patti
Original recipe yields 4 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Blend the white sugar and shortening until light. Beat in the eggs, milk, vanilla and 1 teaspoon lemon extract. Mix until well blended.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the flour mixture to the shortening mixture. Mix until combined (the dough will be sticky). Drop spoonfuls of dough onto parchment paper lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 8 to 10 minutes. Let cookies cool then frost with icing.
- To Make Icing: Combine the confectioners' sugar, water and lemon extract to taste. Beat until smooth and make icing thick enough to spread on cooled cookies
Amount Per Serving (48 total)
- 97 cal
- 2.6 g
- 17.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (26)Rate This Recipe
"Quite nice. The cookies are puffy and cake like. The baking time was dead on when I used heaped teaspoons of the batter, which, as the recipe says, is quite sticky. I added the zest of one lemon to..." See more it as well, and would add more the next time, along with more lemon extract. I have had so many requests for my variation on this recipe, I can't tell you. It's a great basic starting place."
"These were not my favorite. It's not that it was a *bad* recipe ~ it's just that they didn't live up to all the rave reviews, in my opinion. Yes, they were cake like and the texture was great! They we..." See moreren't quite has lemony as I had hoped for and they were kinda bland. Even though they weren't my favorite, I'm still glad I tried this recipe. Thanks anyway, Patti! :o)"
"Very tasty, cakelike cookie. My cookie scoop made cookies a little too big so I used tea spoons. A drop the size of a jawbreaker gumball worked best. The icing is a must but a little extra lemon ex..." See moretract and some yellow food coloring pepped it up nicely. These were divine with a cup of black coffee. YUM!"
Raisin Lemon Cookies
Lemon Butter Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.