Pill Bottle Cookies17 Reviews
“Yummy sandwich cookies also known as whiskey glasses, shot glasses, and cream wafers.” - by Peg
Original recipe yields 5 dozen
- Combine the 1 cup butter, whipping cream and flour thoroughly. Chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- On a lightly floured surface roll dough out to 1/8 inch thick. Cut into 1 1/2 inch rounds. Transfer rounds to a tray or waxed paper sprinkled heavily with white sugar, turning to coat both sides with sugar. Place sugar coated rounds on an ungreased cookie sheet. Prick in four places with a fork, forming a "prick box".
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 7 to 9 minutes or until slightly puffed. Let cool then put the bottoms of two cookies together with the Creamy Butter Filling.
- To Make The Creamy Butter Filling: Blend 1/4 cup butter, confectioners' sugar, egg yolk and vanilla until smooth. If desired tint with food coloring.
Amount Per Serving (30 total)
- 130 cal
- 8.9 g
- 11.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (17)Rate This Recipe
"These go quicker if you roll 1/3 of the dough between two sheets of plastic wrap, then just spread the suger over both sides of the sticky dough before cutting out. You can only roll once, but as with..." See more any pastry, the more you roll the worse it gets. Also try taping 3-4 forks together separated by skewers. Then you only have to tap each cookie once! I've made 300+ of these before, and these were real time savers!"
"They take a little time but are worth the effort. Instead of making a fork prick square on each cookie I found it easier to make three fork pricks in a row. When I did the square sometimes the dough..." See more would break before I could get it to the baking sheet."
"I've know these cookies to be called CREME WAFFERS because they melt in your MOUTH.. and they get better each day!!! These are a must have every holiday season. I double the recipe and match two bat..." See moreches.. One to give as treats and one to keep as the whole family simply devours these cookies up. Some tips... This recipe seems like to fly by if you have a partner helping you. Also the tip with taping 4 forks together is a HUGE time saver with pricking your dough. Also they need to be only lightly golden. They are extremely fragile but that is the joy in them.. melting in your mouth!!! When it comes to frosting them... I used the buttercream frosting recipe halfed it and made green frosting and red frosting as well as some white. But use your imagination and use jelly as somebody else suggested or even a lemon filling would be awesome!!"
Easy Valentine Sandwich Cookies
Easy Cut-Out Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.