Golden Sesame Cookies2 Reviews
“A light sugar cookie with toasted sesame seeds. To make a double batch, I double all the ingredients but the butter and they still taste delicious.” - by Lois
Original recipe yields 4 dozen
- To Toast Sesame Seeds: Pour seeds into a pie pan and place in a 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) oven for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir seeds occasionally.
- Cream the butter or margarine with the vanilla until light and fluffy. Add the confectioners' sugar gradually, beating until fluffy. Add egg and beat thoroughly.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together. Add in thirds to the creamed mixture. After each addition of the flour mixture stir in the toasted sesame seeds. Mix until blended. Cover and chill dough for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- On a lightly floured surface, roll 1/3 of the dough at a time to 1/8 inch thick. Cut with a 2 inch scalloped cutter. Transfer cookies to ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10 to 12 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 102 cal
- 6.3 g
- 9.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"These were amazing!! A definite keeper....I made a few adjustments to accomodate my pantry and son's egg allery. Used whole wheat flour Reduced sugar to half cup Replaced the egg with 1 tablespoon yo..." See moregurt."
"Thank you! This is the closest thing I've ever found to my grandmother's recipe. She was German, though I don't know whether the recipe was or not, since she got a lot of recipes from friends over t..." See morehe years. Instead of rolling out and cutting the dough, I rolled the dough into 3 dozen balls (not quite 1 inch diameter) and flattened them with my palm. If you want the cookies crispy the whole way through (and you do!), bake them on a baking stone until the edges are lightly browned and leave them sit on the stone for a minute or two after you remove them from the oven. These cookies made my day!"
Aunt Anne's Sesame Cookies
Cut-Out Butter Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.