Butter Cookies IV14 Reviews
“This recipe can be used for ANY holiday -- just change your cookie-cutter shape! A special thank you goes out to my mom Elaine who gave me this excellent recipe!” - by Ro Caiazzo
Original recipe yields 3 dozen
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the egg, cream and vanilla extract. Blend thoroughly (this usually works best with your hands).
- Form dough into a flattened ball, wrap and refrigerate for at least 24 hours. This mixture can keep for several days.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Roll dough out on a floured board to about 1/4 to 1/8 inch thick. Cut out shapes with a cookie cutter and decorate with different types of sprinkles.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 5 to 8 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 239 cal
- 12.3 g
- 29.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (14)Rate This Recipe
"I'm one serious baker. I bake all the time and only use the finest, freshest ingredients available. In search of a butterfly cookie lollipop recipe, I came across this. It was the very cookie I had b..." See moreeen looking for. It's sturdy enough, did not spread and the vanilla I used came thru wonderfully. The Lollipops look beautiful and will be used for my daughter's tea party. Made again 12/21/06- This is truly a no fail recipe. I would refer to this more as a cut out cookie. It's super sturdy. Made them for my daughters cookie decorating party. This is by far the easiest cookie I have ever made. If your making them as simply just a butter cookie, I suggest using chocolate, jam, confectioner sugar or sprinkles to enhance the cookie. Or even bake them with that coarse sugar.4/17/08 What can I say, used the recipe again! This is the most reliable recipe I have. I used it this time as a cheesecake crust. I wanted to make something easy and will bring them to my daughters class today. Ro, thank you so much for sharing. Anyone who gave this recipe a bad rating must have done something wrong."
"Well, this sounded like a good idea when I made it. The cookies, however, turned out somewhat bland and floury tasting. I will say that the dough was easy to work with and made very nice looking coo..." See morekies. I ended up dipping them in chocolate and various toppings -coconut, walnut, candy sprinkles, and crushed candy cane, which helped the taste a lot."
Butter Cookies V
Butter Cookies II
Just swipe to see more like this.