Hawaiian Chocolate Macadamia Nut Tart3 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 58 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 8 min
“The niu (coconut) really adds to this easy, modern, Hawaiian desert. This is frequently served in lieu of pecan pie during the holidays. It can be served warm with vanilla ice cream or cold with whipping cream, and can be made a day in advance of your Hawaiian feast!” - by BRANDY20001
Original recipe yields 1 large tart
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Toast macadamia nut pieces, and coconut flakes in separate pans in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Remove to cool.
- Press one of the pie crusts onto the bottom of a 12 to 14-inch fluted tart pan. Cut the remaining pie crust into strips, and use it to fill in the edges of the tart pan, ensuring that the crust is completely sealed. Gently press the chocolate chips into the pie crust, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla, and corn syrup until smooth. Stir in the sugar, margarine, macadamia nuts, and coconut flakes. Pour over pie crust.
- Bake in preheated oven until a knife inserted halfway between the center and the edge of the crust comes out clean, 50 to 55 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 707 cal
- 42.9 g
- 82.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"Excellent!! I made it for a dinner party - it was elegant and rich and so easy to make!..." See more"
"After a trip to Hawaii, I was yearning for more Macadamia nuts, so made this for a Christmas get together. My husband thought it was too chocolate-y, but I thought it was delicious and had two request..." See mores for the recipe."
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies IV
Chocolate Macadamia Nut and White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.