Scrumdiddlyumptious Fudgy Caramel Chews4 Reviews
“These chewy caramel delights have a consistency like brownies but a delicious taste of caramel in the center. We discovered them by accident but were pleasantly surprised. They are soooooooooooooooo good!” - by Emma and Abby
Original recipe yields 16 brownies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large mixing bowl, blend the butter, vanilla and sugar at medium speed. Add eggs one at a time beating at medium speed after each one until well blended.
- Sift the flour, hot chocolate mix, baking powder and salt. Gradually add this mixture to the egg mixture, mixing at low speed.
- Melt the candies in the microwave or oven. Stir with a spoon until the caramel and chocolate is blended together. Pour into the batter and blend quickly.
- Pour batter into a greased 9 inch square baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 to 25 minutes or until the brownies begin to separate from the pan's edges. Let cool then store brownies in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 148 cal
- 7.4 g
- 19.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"HHMMM...how do I explain this taste. I was expecting a brownie type taste because I had a sweet tooth, but all of a sudden I am craving mashed potatoes. Oh, it's because these taste like FRIED CHICKEN..." See more. I don't know why, but that is the TASTE. I feel like I am eating a fryer breast. Could it be the hot chocolate mix???"
"One of my favourite recipes! Make sure you mix the chocolate caramels into the rest of the mixture really fast (so they don't harden so quickly) and get it into the pan then into the oven quickly - th..." See moreat way the caramel doesn't sink so much. Always a winner and really easy to make :-)"
Double Batch Caramel Brownies
One Bowl Brownies
Just swipe to see more like this.