Classic Butter Cookies II56 Reviews
“Simple and tasteful is always a classic.” - by Heidi
Original recipe yields 3 to 4 dozen
- Cream the butter until light. Gradually add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and almond extract.
- Gradually blend in the flour. Cover and chill dough for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes, using lightly floured cookie cutters. Place cookies on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 8 to 12 minutes or until golden. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Decorate as desired.
Amount Per Serving (48 total)
- 67 cal
- 4 g
- 7.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (56)Rate This Recipe
"These were great. I was able to cut out immediately without refrigerating and that means a lot to me. As usual, I rolled out dough between two sheets of wax paper and then cut out the cookies. This..." See more saves adding lots of flour during the rolling and makes things a lot easier all around. Thanks for a great recipe!"
"We always enjoy butter cookies after dinner with a good cup of coffee. These cookies were the best. I used just a bit more sugar, afterall, they are butter cookies not sugar, and used vanilla instead..." See more of almond extract and instead of chilling the dough, I made little balls and smashed them with the bottom of a sugared cup, they baked well, and my family loves them! Thank you for the very simple and GREAT recipe!"
Classic Peanut Butter Cookies
Butter Cookies I
Just swipe to see more like this.