Orange Cookies II1 Reviews
“A plain soft cookie with finely grated carrots and a delicious orange icing.” - by Sally
Original recipe yields 3 dozen
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cook the grated carrots in enough water to cover. Boil until just soft and drain. Do not over cook!
- Cream the shortening and sugar together. Add the egg and mix well. Stir in the cooked carrots while still warm.
- Add the sifted flour, salt and baking soda and mix to combine.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto parchment paper lined baking sheets and bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 12 minutes. Let cool then frost with Orange Icing.
- To Make Orange Icing: Add enough confectioners' sugar to the orange juice and orange zest to make a spreading consistency. Spread icing over cooled cookies and let dry.
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 177 cal
- 9 g
- 22.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"I'll admit it, I did not read the recipe all the way through before starting. When I realized that there wasn't any orange juice in the actual cookie batter I pretty much wrote these little cookies o..." See moreff! I added about 1 Tbls of orange zest to the batter and went a head and made them. I am glad I did. They are pretty good! The icing needs a little tweeking, may be better if made with frozen orange concentrate. My 3 1/2 year old thinks they are pretty good. He likes them plain with no frosting. I used a food processor and chopped the carrots and nuked them for 1 minute in the microwave. This recipe is worth the effort if you want a light little cookie that is slighty sweet."
Beth's Orange Cookies
Orange Drop Cookies III
Just swipe to see more like this.