Mostaccioli (Mustaches)0 Reviews
“These treats of Italian origin are best served the day after.” - by J. Storm
Original recipe yields 2 -1/2 dozen cookies
- Preheat oven to 275F. Grease baking sheet.
- Finely grind nuts in food processor. Add honey, egg white, cocoa, spices and salt. Blend to paste. Add flour and mix using on/off turns until just incorporated. (NOTE: Dough will be sticky.)
- Place dough on work surface heavily dusted with sifted confectioners' sugar. Sift more powdered sugar over dough. Gently roll dough out to thickness of 3/8". Cut into 1x1 1/2 inch bars using knife that has been dusted with powdered sugar. Arrange on greased sheet, spacing 1inch apart.
- Bake cookies at 275 F (135 degrees C) until firm and tops appear dry, about 25-30 minutes. Cool cookies completely on racks.
- To Make Icing: Blend 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar and 2 teaspoons egg white. Mix in enough liqueur to make thick but pourable icing. Set racks on waxes paper; arrange cooled cookies on racks with edges touching. Drizzle icing over cookies in irregular lines. Separate cookies. Let stand until icing is dry. Store in airtight container.
Amount Per Serving (30 total)
- 82 cal
- 5 g
- 8.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Italian Almond Cookies II
Gluten-free Mexican Wedding Cakes
Just swipe to see more like this.