“Crisp cookie of Norwegian origin.” - by J. Storm
Original recipe yields 6 -7 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease or line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine the sugar, beaten egg and sour cream together. Mix in the flour, baking soda and salt. Blend thoroughly.
- Divide dough in half and form each half into a long roll. (Note: If your kitchen is warm, keep the half of dough you're not working with in the refrigerator.)
- Cut off a narrow slice of dough. Roll lightly with hands on lightly floured board into pencil-like strip about 7 inches long. Form into a figure "8" , and pinch ends together. Place on cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 12 to 15 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (36 total)
- 119 cal
- 3.6 g
- 19.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (11)Rate This Recipe
"My grandmother used to make Kringla every Christmas. When she was unable to bake anymore, my sisters and I decided to carry on the tradition by baking our own Kringla. My sister found this recipe an..." See mored we both think it is wonderful! It's just like Grandma's Kringla!"
"I have not had Kringla for almost thirty years. This recipe was the way I remembered Kringla to be. A must try for any tradional Norwegen...." See more"
"Try this,,,add one more egg, and one more cup of flour, along with a teaspoon of almond flavcoring Refrigerate for an hour, turn onto a clean floured surface, using half the dough, knead til workab..." See morele, return other half to refrigerator til ready to use. work the dough you have on the counter, bake and then work the remaining dough."
Sour Cream Sugar Cookies V
Just swipe to see more like this.