Lebkuchen (Lep Kuchen)1 Reviews
“This is a Pennsylvania Dutch recipe for Lebkuchen.” - by Tammy Rohrs
Original recipe yields 4 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a large baking sheet (approximately 14x16 or 11x17 inches).
- Sift the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and cream of tartar together.
- Mix the eggs and sugar thoroughly. Combine this with the flour mixture and stir in the citron and almonds.
- Roll dough out on a floured surface to 1/4 inch thick. Cut sheet of dough to fit on your baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 15 minutes. Cut into squares or diamonds while still warm. Ice thinly with white or lemon frosting.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 92 cal
- 1.7 g
- 17.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"Quite tasty! I used parchment paper and baked on a cookie sheet. The dough was very stiff and hard to incorporate all the flour, but I resisted the urge to add anything. I rolled it between two layers..." See more of parchment, directly onto the cookie sheet. We don't care for candied citron so I added 1/2 c. raisins and no nuts. I made a vanilla glaze and applied it while still warm. Great with my morning coffee."
Fruit Drops II
Just swipe to see more like this.