Michelle's Soft Sugar Cookies327 Reviews
“These sugar cookies have won raves from all who have tried them. They are soft and have a light and delicate flavor. They're great for Christmastime cut outs.” - by MISSMR94
Original recipe yields 3 to 5 dozen
- Cream the margarine and add the sugar gradually. Beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at time, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in the vanilla. Add the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt gradually to the creamed mixture, stirring in by hand. Cover and chill dough overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll dough out on a floured surface to 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick and cut into your favorite shapes. Place cookies onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 6 to 8 minutes or until cookie has a golden appearance.
Amount Per Serving (60 total)
- 77 cal
- 3.3 g
- 10.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (327)Rate This Recipe
"These are by far the best cut out sugar cookies I have ever made. The only change I made was using the 4 teaspoons of baking powder in place of the cream of tartar and baking soda. I let the dough se..." See moret Fridge overnight. I too rolled the cookies between 2 sheets of parchment paper (you could use wax paper) and only had to use a dusting of powder on the paper and on the dough and had no trouble at all with the cut outs sticking or the dough being too sticky(?). Baked them for 7 minutes.....no longer. They were perfect. This is my new sugar cookie recipe that I am sure I will use forever."
"This recipe is perfect. I only did two things different. I did not have cream of tartar so I did not use that, but I did use baking powder as someone suggested. I also only let them chill for an ho..." See moreur instead of all night (only because the kids were anxious to make them.) We used an icing off this site and together it worked perfect. This was definately a wonderful sugar cookie!! (Also, it was exactly 8 minutes to make them just right!! ) I also used real butter instead of margarine!"
Soft Sugar Cookies IV
Evelyn's Rolled Sugar Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.