Orange Cookies III2 Reviews
“Moist, almost cake like. Grandma used to make these for us. Depending on how” - by Karen Gibson
Original recipe yields 6 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease or line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat the shortening, white sugar and eggs together until light and fluffy. Beat in the buttermilk, orange juice and grated orange zest.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Stir the flour into the shortening mixture and mix until combined. Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10 minutes. While still warm spread with orange icing.
- To Make Orange Icing: Combine the butter or margarine, confectioners' sugar and orange juice concentrate and beat until smooth. Add more orange juice concentrate if necessary to reach the desired consistency.
Amount Per Serving (36 total)
- 224 cal
- 7.5 g
- 37.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"Wonderful cookies just as is. I really prefer this type of cookie made with buttermilk--and this is perfect. The dough is supposed to be like thick cake batter. I use a small (about 1/2 oz or table..." See morespoon size) ice cream/melon scoop to handle the dough--makes perfect sized uniform cookies with a smooth top for icing. Also goes fast this way."
Beth's Orange Cookies
Orange Drop Cookies III
Just swipe to see more like this.