Cappuccino Biscotti10 Reviews
“A very cinnamony flavor. The only sweetness comes from the chocolate you dip these cookies in.” - by Tammy
Original recipe yields 2 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and espresso powder together
- Beat the eggs and margarine together until light and fluffy. Stir in the flour mixture and beat until smooth.
- Form dough into two long (loaf shaped) logs on the prepared baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 minutes. Remove and let cool completely.
- Cut logs into 1/2 inch slices. Turn on sides and bake again at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Let cookies cool completely then dip in chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate chips then stir in the shortening until well blended. Dip one flat side and one end of each biscotti in the chocolate. Let cool on wax paper.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 187 cal
- 9.5 g
- 24 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"This is NOT a good recipe, I'm sorry to say. It would appear that the individual who posted it didn't test it. The instructions don't indicate that you should first cream the butter before adding th..." See moree eggs. Also, it would benefit from sugar. Traditional biscotti recipes start w/ 2 parts flour to 1 part sugar. I may play around with this and see if I can improve upon it. So far, I've halved the amount of cinnamon and added a 1 tsp of vanilla. Still, the cookies are very bland."
"All together too bitter a taste plus too crumbly to stay together for the 2nd baking...." See more"
Double Chocolate Biscotti
Just swipe to see more like this.